These guidelines have been updated to reflect the Government announcement made yesterday regarding the move Alert Level 2 for all of NZ (excluding the Auckland Region) effective at 11:59pm on 7 September 2021.
Smart Express Hamilton is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers, staff and the wider community and will adhere to the higher level requirements specified for Alert Level 2 due to the more transmissible Delta variant.
We take this seriously on behalf of our staff, our contractors and our end customers. This document outlines our guidelines and procedures for deliveries under Covid 19 Alert Level 2 House Moves and Furniture Deliveries completed outside of the defined Auckland region.
We have been here before and our team is practiced at operating with the correct levels of safety for all concerned.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes:
- All staff, including our delivery teams, have been re-briefed today on the new guidelines.
- Observing all required hygiene practices around hand washing / sanitising and keeping surfaces clean.
- We’ve reminded all staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they should not undertake any deliveries/ work and they should seek medical advice and get a test immediately. This also extends to anyone who have been requested to self-isolate, have symptoms of COVID-19 or are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- Whilst Ministry of Health guidelines do not require those providing services such as ours (similar to tradespeople in people’s homes) to wear full PPE, Smart Express Moving and Delivery will. Where practicable, our staff will wear masks at all times during the house move if requested by the Customer. If it is not practicable to wear masks then social distancing protocols of 2m will apply on the agreement of both parties. Ministry guidelines do recommend that you move to a different room whilst the moving team is working. If such an agreement can not be reached then the move will be rescheduled to such a time that Level 2 restrictions do not apply.
Additional steps to ensure the safety of you, your teams and your customers:
- All our vehicles carry hand sanitisers and/ or wipes and our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks & handles at the beginning and end of each house move and/or delivery.
- We will not be requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job. We will either record the full name of the person we’ve moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Any customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods).
Smart Express Hamilton is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures in particular ensuring the minimum 2 metre social distancing is maintained at all times.
If you have any questions please feel to ring me in the first instance, or call any of the team on 07 22 20 555.
Smart Express Moving and Delivery
Operating 7 Days 7am-7pm.
Please be assured that while we are not able to do any non essential deliveries, we are here to help those in genuine need. We can help you make a booking and arrangements for after the lockdown has been lifted. Best wishes to you over the coming days.