18 FEBRUARY UPDATE – Following the Government’s announcement, on 17 FEBRUARY 2021, the Tauranga region is now at Alert Level 1 after three days of level 2 lockdown. Please refer to our latest COVID-19 update for Alert Level 2 for any move or delivery within the Auckland region.
From midnight Wednesday 17 February 2021, the Auckland regional border was re-opened. All Aucklanders are free to return to work and school, eat out at restaurants and move outside their bubbles.
15 FEBRUARY UPDATE – These guidelines have been updated and reissued to reflect the government announcement made last night. Regarding the re-introduction of Alert Level 2 for the rest of NZ, effective at 11.59pm on 14 February 2021.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and well being of all our customers. Along with our staff and the wider community as we take collective responsibility to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in our community.
We take this seriously on behalf of our staff, our contractors and our end customers. This information outlines our guidelines and procedures for deliveries under Covid-19 Alert Level 2 house moves and furniture deliveries completed outside of the defined Auckland region which is at Alert Level 3. We have been here before and our staff are practiced at operating with the correct levels of safety for all concerned.
The basic steps outlined by the Ministry of Health will be followed by our teams, this includes:
All our staff, including our delivery teams, have been re-briefed on the guidelines including:
- Observing all required hygiene practices around hand washing / sanitising and keeping surfaces clean.
- To practice social distancing at all times.
- We have reminded all staff both in the office and on the road that if they feel unwell then they should not undertake any deliveries/ work and they should seek medical advice and get a test immediately.
Additional steps for completing Pickup and Delivery jobs, under Alert Level 2:
- All our moving and delivery vehicles carry hand sanitisers and or wipes. Our teams have been instructed to wipe their hands, cabin usage areas, and door locks & handles at the beginning and end of each house move and/or delivery.
- We will not be requiring customers to complete our normal ‘sign on glass’ process to confirm completion of the job. We will either record the full name of the person we’ve moved, noting the time of job completion along with a photo of the customer as proof of service completion.
- Any customer payment will be managed using contactless options (online banking and/or credit card via non contact methods).
- For the safety of all concern, our moving teams will wear PPE when completing deliveries and/ or moves into Retirement Homes and Villages.
Smart Express is committed to supporting the health, safety and wellbeing of all our customers, staff and the wider community. We ask all customers to respect and observe our guidelines and procedures. After all, we are in this together and there is still evidence of COVID-19 in our community.
If you have any questions, please feel to ring me in the first instance, or call any of the team on 07 22 22 555 or our head office on 09 22 22 555.